Peter Nielsen brings over 30 years of tile installation knowledge and experience to the consulting field. His expertise derives from years of hands-on tile-setting experience in the traditional mortar bed method of installation, and over 15 years as a top executive for a leading manufacturer of tile and stone installation systems. He holds current C-54 Ceramic and Mosaic and Class "B" General Building Contractor licenses in the State of California. His background also includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, with a concentration in Industrial Sales and Management.
During his 15-year (1995 – 2010) tenure at Schluter Systems L.P., both as Technical Director and General Manager, Nielsen played a key strategic role in solidly positioning the company in the North American market. By identifying and defining specific market needs, his ideas led directly to the development of products and systems that have since become a part of the company's core offerings and with which the company has become identified. In addition, Mr. Nielsen:
- was responsible for the development of all company Installation Handbooks and specifically tailored all technical literature to the needs of the US market;
- provided training and presentation guidelines, instruction, and assistance for the national Sales team and Customer Service Representatives;
- developed a nationwide education program for contractors;
- supported all Marketing efforts by providing content and ensuring technical accuracy; and
- provided technical oversight in the production of all Schluter videos, animations, etc.
As the company's representative, Mr. Nielsen was actively involved in the development of installation standards and educational programs through participation in industry organizations, including:
- ANSI ASC A108 – Committee member;
- Tile Council of North America (TCNA) Technical Committees – Committee member (incl., Installation Materials, Backer board, and Membrane subcommittees);
- National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) Technical Committee – Committee member;
- Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) – Board member.